Occupational Health: Southampton
ALAMA Spring Conference ·
The ALAMA conference is the leading opportunity for Occupational Health Physicians and GPs with an interest in occupational health (OH) from across the UK and beyond to access the latest clinical, procedural and legal intelligence in the most cost effective and time efficient manner.
Designed by and for OH professionals it delivers a programme which is relevant, thought provoking and educational. It addresses these troublesome issues that confront us on a daily basis, it offers new ideas and theories to be considered and it offers an opportunity for you to have your say: All in a relaxed setting which encourages informal discussions, the development of new working relationships, professional connections and support networks.
Key to the success of each ALAMA conference is the programme. We are still in the process of confirming some of the sessions and speakers, however, this is the story so far...
- ‘HIV, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ - The world of HIV has transformed over the last decade; is our current understanding shaped by this transformation, or still stuck in the past? – Dr. Guy Rooney
- Rheumatology – Dr. Karen Walker-Bone
- The potential role of the workplace in preventing and reversing type 2 diabetes. A review of the evidence that type 2 diabetes can be reversed and the unique role the workplace could have in making it happen. – Dr. David Cavan
- Diabetes Update – Dr. Partha Kar
- Sleep Apnoea – Dr Himender Makker UCL
- Mental health training for line managers: an emerging evidence base. The evidence base for training line managers on how to support direct reports who are experiencing mental ill-health is growing. We will share emerging research from the rail industry and guidance for professionals who commission training. – Dr. Michelle O’Sullivan
- Submarine Medicine – Dr. Michael Lindsay and Dr. Martin Scutt
- ALAMA AGM
- Fire, Police, LA, NHS Sessions
Registration and Alama Membership
The conference will run from 10.00 on Wednesday 13th May until 13.00 on Friday 15th May 2020. Please note that the conference is now for ALAMA Members only, if you are not currently a member you can join the association (the cost is £35.00) at www.alama.org.uk/register.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This key event is an invaluable resource for occupational health professionals. It offers excellent value for money having been allocated 15-16 CPD Points tbc.
This year's Spring Conference will be held at The Hilton at the Ageas Bowl Stadium, located at the picture-perfect home of Hampshire Cricket. The hotel is a stone's throw away from the M27, and is serviced by excellent transport links. read more...
Value For Money
The full package early bird fee for ALAMA members of £795.00 is excellent value for money and includes two nights accommodation on the 13 & 14th May at the Hilto Ageas Southampton Hotel. For bookings made on or after 7th April 2020, the full package standard rate is £895.00.
We get regular feedback from delegates about the immeasurable value gained from networking with like-minded professionals during the three days of the conference.